We do not collect personal information such as names or addresses when you visit the site. However, if you choose to subscribe ("opt in") to one of our information products by submitting your email address, we will retain and use your email address solely to send you the information product(s) you request, and for no other purpose, except as provided in this agreement or explicitly agreed to by you. If you choose to provide other personal information such as your name and address, that information will only be used to fulfill your request for information.
Information Collected and Stored Automatically
When you browse, read pages, or download information on this website, we automatically gather and store certain technical information about your visit. This information never identifies who you are. The information we collect and store about your visit is listed below:
- The internet domain (for example, "xcompany.com" if you use a private internet access account, or "yourschool.edu" if you connect from a university's domain) and IP address (an IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the web) from which you access our web site;
- The type of browser (e.g., Firefox, Safari, Internet Explorer) and operating system (Windows, Mac OS, Unix) used to access our site;
- The date and time you access our site;
- The pages you visit; and
- If you linked to this web site from another web site, the address of that web site.
This information is only used to help us make the site more useful for you. With these data we learn about the number of visitors to our site and the types of technology and information our visitors use. We never track or record information about individuals and their visits.
If You Submit Personal Information
If you choose to join the mailing list for one of our information products by submitting your email address, or choose to provide us with personal information - like filling out a Contact Us form with personal information and submitting it to us through the web site, we use that information to send you the information you requested, or to respond to your message and to help us get you the information you have requested.
VBDR does not collect information for commercial marketing.
Links to Other Sites
This VBDR website links to other web sites created and maintained by other public and/or private organizations. This website provides these links as a service to our users. When users link to an outside website, they are leaving this website and are subject to the privacy and security policies of the owners/sponsors of the outside website(s).
Disclaimer of Endorsement The information posted on the VBDR website includes hypertext links or pointers to information created and maintained by other public and/or private organizations. This website provides these links and pointers solely for our users' information and convenience. When users select a link to an outside website, they are leaving this website and are subject to the privacy and security policies of the owners/sponsors of the outside website.
- VBDR does not control or guarantee the accuracy, relevance, timeliness or completeness of information contained on a linked website.
- VBDR does not endorse the organizations sponsoring linked websites and we do not endorse the views they express or the products/services they offer.
- VBDR does not and cannot authorize the use of copyrighted materials contained in linked websites. Users must request such authorization from the sponsor of the linked website.
- VBDR is not responsible for transmissions users receive from linked websites.
Permission to Link
You may link to the VBDR website by using "VBDR:Veterans’ Advisory Board on Dose Reconstruction" as a text hyperlink. If you wish to use an image of the VBDR word mark, send email to the VBDR and include the URL of the web site where you plan to place the link.
You are permitted to reproduce and distribute documents on this website in whole or in part, without changing the text you use, provided that you include the copyright statement or "produced by" statement and use the document for noncommercial or internal purposes. For commercial use or translations, contact the VBDR.